Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rock Climbing

We went rock climbing last weekend at these big granite rock piles. Our neighbor who has rock climbing gear brought us and taught us how to do it. It was pretty fun and WAY harder than I thought it would be.





This is the rock we climbed. It was really hard because there weren't very many cracks to grab onto. We mostly just used the texture and grooves in the rocks to climb on. We went to the last big crack on the top, right before the top large boulder.


Me climbing (Kendra)


Me repeling (Kendra)


Caleb climbing...it was getting dark by then.

2 comments:

  1. Dude rock climbing is Sooo fun! I did that once w/my friends here in Vegas.. they had gear too. And ya, it was kinda hard. I was like in awe of the guy who went first and placed all the rope hooks into the rock.. he had to climb free-hand and he was good. The worst part bout climbing was the shoes!! did you have to wear the climbing shoes? The only ones brought were WAY too small for me and they squished my feet soooo bad- i couldnt wait to take those suckers off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun but I would probably be a whimp and be too scared. You guys look like you get to do fun things there! Awesome!

    Oh and also that is so cool Graham can almost crawl! I still remember him as this baby that would barley move. He is cute!

    ReplyDelete